Military Discharge


Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration Benefits. These records are filed as a courtesy to our Veterans, there is no charge to file a DD Form 214 and our office provides two free certified copies of the record at the time of filing.

These records are not public information. If a copy of a military discharge record is needed, the veteran will need to provide his/her full name at time of enlistment and a current form of government issued picture ID with their birth date - such as driver's license, military ID or passport. Military discharge records cannot be provided to anyone except the veteran him/herself. If the veteran is deceased, please contact the Veteran's office 308-428-2925 and they will assist you in obtaining the veteran's records.